Amanda Murrell Associates is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Amanda Murrell Associates may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 01/09/2013.
We use a small number of cookies on this website to help keep things running smoothly and to provide us with anonymous information about your visit.
What is a cookie?
Almost every website you visit will be saving a small text file on your computer called a cookie. They can do many jobs like keeping you logged into a website or remembering if you’ve ticked a box or selected a special feature. Some cookies are also used to track visits you make to web pages. Our cookies can’t see what’s on your computer, access your files or find out who you are. They are very small text files that allow websites to offer you personalised services.
Cookies used by this website:
Analytics – Cookies will go with you around this website giving us statistics on your visit. It helps us to know how many visitors we have, how many pages they view and also things like what operating system they use. No personal information is collected by these cookies and at no point do we know who you are. These are 3rd party cookies that are not directly issued by this website.
Social Media – We provide a number of social media icons so you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ or share our website with others. Cookies are used to operate this service and let the social networks you belong to know you have been here and liked or shared a page. These are 3rd party cookies that are not directly issued by this website.
e-Privacy Directive – The EU e-Privacy Directive message that you see at the top of the page uses a cookie to determine if you have clicked the accept cookies button – the cookie lets us know not to show it to you again. This is a direct cookie issued by our website.
Other information collected
We may collect the following information you type into the site when registering:
- your name
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and / or offers.
What we do with the information?
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- improvements to our products and services
- occasional emails about new products, special offers or other information (as long as you have agreed we can)
- from time to time, we may contact you for market research purposes. As long as you have agreed, we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at the address specified in the “Contact us” page
- we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen
- you may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at the address specified in the “Contact us” page
- if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.